Wood Burning Stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could someone let me know if it is ok to use flammable adhesive to attach the concrete board to the brick work in the fireplace? My husband has used gripfill by Evostik which states it should not stored above 25 degrees but will not be in contact with the wood burner as it is behind on the brickwork and concrete board. Will it be ok?

Sponsored Links
Best bet would he a phone call/email to their technical help line. The flammable bit is the solvent that keeps it soft in the tube, when that solvent boils off (which it does at room temperature) the remaining solid lump won't burn very well.
Personally i'd have drilled and screwed it as well, and used non-solvent Gripfill but there you go...

Many thanks for your advice he is going to re-do it with heat resistant adhesive and drew the board on as well.

The gripfill is behind the cement board? Probably be fine!
I would screw it into the wall using concrete screws or something without a plastic rawl plug to provide a mechanical fixing

Sponsored Links
If the stove is not fitted by a HETAS installer and not notified to building control if you have a fire, the fire brigade will bill you, the council will fine you and your house insurance will not pay a claim.

Fitting stoves is not I repeat not a diy job. Get it fitted professionally.

Without wishing to cause offence he is clearly clueless in this endeavour.

The stove has been fitted by a HETAS intaller we are changing the surround which was brick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back