Wood coloured caulk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a log cabin which has t n q flooring which I have varnished in clear. I am in process of fitting skirting board which I plan to varnish in clear. I need to find a caulk to fill in the gaps. I need a caulk what best matches natural wood and can varnish but I cannot find one. Does anyone know where I can get one all I can find is silicone's but you cannot varnish this ?

Sponsored Links
By caulk do you mean acrylic decorators caulk? It is available in a very limited range of colours, just not from Bee an Poo although they do do the Soudal in brown. I somehow doubt that you'll find a good match anywhere, though, because deco caulks are specifically designed to be painted over. Silicone sealants on the other hand come in a wide variety of colours - so I'd have thought the best approach would be to varniish/lacquer first then silicone seal afterwards. Not sure about adding a brittle/hard surface coating over a flexible sealant - would it be durable?

I have found that ever build do a caulk in Magnolia. Do you think this would match in with normal wood colour and this can be varnished ?

bush board do a colored jointing chaulk/silicone for there worktops in varying colours maybe theres one thats a close match to what you are looking for?

Sponsored Links
An old woodwork lecturer at my college way back said once he coloured his wood filler with coffee, maybe the same would be possible with caulk, obviously you wouldn't be able to do the whole tube in one but make pots of it with measured amounts of coffee so you can replicate, just a thought!

diycooper";p="3245923 said:
I have a log cabin which has t n q flooring which I have varnished in clear. I am in process of fitting skirting board which I plan to varnish in clear. I need to find a caulk to fill in the gaps. I need a caulk what best matches natural wood and can varnish but I cannot find one. Does anyone know where I can get one all I can find is silicone's but you cannot varnish this ?[/quote
What gaps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back