Wood filler that doesn't need catalyst?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm making picture frames. i often need to do a bit of filling on the mitre joints. I finish with paint and then wax. I've used both ready mixed fillers and a filler that requires mixing with a catalyst. The ready mixed is prone to ugly hair line cracks. The filler + catalyst is by far the best and doesn't crack.

But the filler requiring catalyst always goes off too fast and slows me right down.

Is there a wood filler that doesn't require a catalyst, but is as durable as the one that does (UK)?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
I'd go for something like Toupret RedLite or RedDevil OneTime. You finger the filler into the joint and give it a light wipe with a a J-Cloth. I am however assuming that the mitres are pretty tight. If they are slightly larger you will need to over fill and sand back. They are very soft though.

There are 1K fillers out there, I haven't used them though.

https://shop.autopaintsbrighton.co.uk/hb-body-p980-pro-1k-fine-filler-150g-tube-8482-p.asp

Sponsored Links
I'd go for something like Toupret RedLite or RedDevil OneTime. You finger the filler into the joint and give it a light wipe with a a J-Cloth. I am however assuming that the mitres are pretty tight. If they are slightly larger you will need to over fill and sand back. They are very soft though.

There are 1K fillers out there, I haven't used them though.

https://shop.autopaintsbrighton.co.uk/hb-body-p980-pro-1k-fine-filler-150g-tube-8482-p.asp

Thanks, very useful. Can they be painted over with water based paint? i use acrylic paint for the frames.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back