Wood floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had an extension adding to my terraced home. The sub floor has now dried and I am ready to buy some wood floor. We are going to put wood flooring in the extension and also in the existing living room/dining room. The dimensions of these room are 6.4m wide (widest part) and 7.5m (longest part). Making a total area of flooring needed (including 8% for waste) is 52.5 square metres.

We dont want a floor that needs to be regularly oiled so we want a laquered floor, also as we have velux windows we need a UV laquered floor. I have also been told engineered wood floor is the best

We have found this website and this particular floor seems to fit the bill. We are going for the 21/6 floor. There is a 3% discount in march so the cost for 25 packs (52.5 square meters) is £1476.1 with free delivery

Does this sound like a good deal?

http://www.woodandbeyond.com/products/Rustic-Engineered-Oak-Hardwood-Flooring-UV-Lacquered.html

Sponsored Links
To be honest, even we - independent retailer with excellent contacts with quality manufacturers - can't buy a 21mm floor in for that price. So... if it sounds too good to be true...

I have been in communication with your company today and am seriously considering buying the flooring from your company.

Re butchers block, Anything that is free is nice but seriously, do you really think that a free butchers block (in other words a fancy chopping board) is going persuade buyers to buy a wood floor from you!

Personally i would prefer the price of the chopping board (sorry butchers block) to be knocked of the price

Sponsored Links
I have been in communication with your company today and am seriously considering buying the flooring from your company.

Re butchers block, Anything that is free is nice but seriously, do you really think that a free butchers block (in other words a fancy chopping board) is going persuade buyers to buy a wood floor from you!

Personally i would prefer the price of the chopping board (sorry butchers block) to be knocked of the price

The butcher block is on top of the 3% discount (ends March 31st) and free delivery within the UK mainland on orders over £699 (such as in your case). These offers change from one month to the next. Thanks again.

Ryan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back