Wood floors in conservatories

N

namsag

The wife is wanting to take new wood/laminate floor straight through into conservatory now being bult, by its aspect i cant see the conservatory getting stupidly hot but will the direct sunlight /heat affect the floor she is looking at floors in the range of £15 a metre to £40 a metre.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi namsag

conservatories can have rapid changes in temperature, so go for wood-engineered flooring. Be aware that direct sunlight (even behind glass) can effect the colour of any wood type very locally.
For the better quality to tackle this kind of changes in temperature and humidity best to go for the higher end of your budget. (I wouldn't go for laminate myself, the melamine surface could get very hot in direct sunlight and when walking barefoot burn your feet, and if rather cold weather - with no additional heating in the conservatory - very cold feet)

Forgot to add: if your new conservatory has a concrete floor, it will take 30 days per inch of concrete depth to dry out sufficiently before you can install any floor covering on top of it.

Cheers for that WYL . Yeah confirmed what i said to her, now i can go for the one i like . :LOL: Cheers for dying time didnt realise it was a long as that

Sponsored Links
Ha ha . Never noticed the spelling perhaps it was a freudian slip after hand digging about 6 ton of clay out for foundations i felt like i had died.
Had to dig out one side to alter drainage and got carried away now for my next stupid idea :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back