Wood moulding to enhance a flat bog standard door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has recently fitted some (artificial) moulding panels to her wooden front door. Not external as her front door is inside a block of flats !)

When I say artificial moulding panels, she has fitted what appears to be wooden moulding architrave type strips (glued or pinned) to the surface of the door inside and out in the sequence of 4 panels. It looks very nice and shows my door up as in dire need of some updating.

I would love to do the same to my door. I have calculated I need 54 feet of wooden strip moulding to complete both sides. I had a looksee at B&Q and each 6 foot strip would cost about £6 or £7 a strip which is more than I can afford. ( circa £63 !) Anyone know of a cheaper place to buy these wooden strips from - ? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Why don't you ask your neighbour where she bought hers? Failing that any decent timber mill/builders merchants will probably be cheaper or there are many online suppliers.

You can buy kits of ready made panels, probably cheaper, and less work. :)
Went to B&Q today and priced the mouldings - it seems very expensive at £7 per length

I had a good look around but did not see any "ready made" panels. Do you have any idea as to where I could obtain these - thanks

Sponsored Links
you could try focus,says they do them in kits but cant find a pic or a price online

b&q wickes all do the same or v similar to richard burbridge mouldings.
they are both dearer than a good independent if you are lucky enough to have one.
if you do - look after it! ie give it your business.

Why not try your local timber merchant, or building supplier.
They're allways cheaper than yer B&Q's etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back