Wood surround for oil tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to make a visual barrier, for my oil tank, made of wood. I see in the Oftec regulations that the minimum distance from a combustible boundary or building is 760mm, but I cannot see anything about a surround for the oil tank.

I know that they regard the distance as protection from fire in a boundary or building from reaching the oil tank - the tank is not regarded as a fire risk in itself.

So, can a surround be regarded as not being a fire risk to the tank? I can place the wood surround 500mm from the tank.

Sponsored Links
If a Wooden Boundary,with a neighbouring property 760mm minimum,
BUT a Screen which is NOT a boundary, can be 600mm
(Don't ask me why!) ;)

PS don't forget to leave access for the tanker driver to attach his hose though!

Sponsored Links
If a Wooden Boundary,with a neighbouring property 760mm minimum,
BUT a Screen which is NOT a boundary, can be 600mm
(Don't ask me why!)......

That's probably because you have no control over what happens on t'other side of your boundary (neighbouring building against boundary etc), but you do on your own property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back