Wood to brick fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to add more fixings into an already installed wooden staircase and handrail. Staircase is about 30 mm thick and handrail is about 100mm. So basically need to drill through either 30 mm or 100mm of wood, into the wall and then fix together. Can't move the wood to use standard rawl plug

Question is what fixing can I use?????

Sponsored Links
Masonary screw' will be just right for that job, check screwfix for sizes and bit Dia, you wxill need an extra long masonary bit and a Hex No2 Torx bit

Masonry screw (we call 'em concrete screws) are a very good product.

Probably good for your job but you have to bear in mind that they will not always pull work pieces in together or in towards their seating position due to the full thread.

I have some Rapier star fixings in the van 215mm, you will need to drill your wood out to 8mm then change to a 6mm masonary if you need it to pull it tight.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back