Wooden blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Given that ready-made (or even worse, custom-made) wooden blinds are insanely expensive and given that I would have no problem in making/piercing the slats, where should I look for the tilt mechanism - or should I be making that myself as well? Any advice gratefully accepted.

Sponsored Links
I don't think wood blinds are that expensive. I was looking at getting 2 105x145cm drop blinds and was getting prices around £60 each when I looked online for custom ones. The drop was not to the floor but just inside the window recess.

I guess it depends on your opinions about quality, time and cost but IMO it isn't worth doing yourself unless you will be doing lots of them and you are very confident of doing a good job. If even one or two slats are out of place people may notice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back