Wooden curtain pole onto plastered walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had my walls in my living room plastered/skimmed and then painted directly onto plaster. Can anyone tell me how to go about putting wooden curtain poles onto these walls? Do I have to put plank of wood onto walls first and then poles onto the wood? If so how is this done? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the wall brickwork or timber studwork with plasterboard?

Unfortunately I dont know. It is not plasterboard. I think it may be brickwork as it is the front outside wall. Not very helpful, I am pretty clueless when it comes to things like this!

alimeg said:
Do I have to put plank of wood onto walls first and then poles onto the wood? If so how is this done? Thanks
You can do but if the wall is flat & straight then no need. Also depend if it's plasterboard then you will need to put up a plank of wood fixed to the timber studding. If it's solid wall then use a masonary drill bit with rawlplug etc.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for your help. Will try and find out what type of wall it is then try what you have suggested. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back