Wooden floor gaps and heating efficiency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have some large gaps in between the restored wood flooring planks in my bedroom, we can hear a lot of what goes on in the flat below and sometimes catch a whiff of cigerette smoke which makes me think the floor isn't sealed underneath.

I've tried poking something into the gaps and can hear plastic so I think it has had some insulation but I'm thinking if I clog the gaps it will make it more efficient, quieter etc

Any tips on the best solution?

J

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam. It'll fill the gaps nicely, has good insulation properties, and you can cut it off flush afterwards.

Or put down a good underlay and carpet / laminate.

Any deck caulking product for sealing teak decking on boat will work, but the seams will all be black, and you'll have to sand it back and refinish the floor after filling the gaps as you wont get a neat finish by cutting off the excess.

sikaflex 290dc is a good one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back