Wooden floor in a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just put in real wooden boards in a bathroom. Before i got a chance to seal them a radiator leaked and warped some of the boards.

I'm now worried it could happen again unless they are sealed really well.

I've sealed and waxed them but am now thinking it requires varnish to properly protect them from any water splashes.

What's the best course of action. Is it loads more wax or remove it somehow and varnish.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
have not used real wood but i do use std laminate.

i seal all the edges with a thin bead of pva glue as i place each plank. i also caulk around all the edges of the room and any pipes etc passing through.

i don’t think wax would work as it will dry out after being pushed into the joints leaving a very slight air gap that water could pass into.

some external frame sealant would be ok if the colour would match. it can be pushed into the gaps with you finger and smoothed away using diluted washing up liquid.

varnish also sounds good but will it still look right. a satin finish might just do it.

taking them up is probably the last resort unless its a relatively quick job (to put them back down with a pva bead).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back