wooden floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have laid new tongue and groove wooden floor boards in my lounge hallway and dining room have sanded them then stained them and have twice varnished them each time the lacquer /varnish keeps wearing away or chipping in a short space of time and you can see the natural wood showing through how do i stop this happening i have used b&q varnish is there any thing that is long lasting and durable and will not wear away please help

Sponsored Links
How have you sanded them, how have your varnished them (read and followed the instructions on the tin?)

Sand it all off again to bare wood and apply two coats of hardwaxoil for a better, long-lasting and if needed easier local repair result

Sponsored Links
thanx very much for all your help one moer thing please where can i buy the waxoil

Check my profile for our website and from there go to our web catalog 2: fitting & finishing materials - hardwaxoil

Please let us know how you get on with the Hardwax Oil I am very interested to know more about it's abrasion resistance properties.

Unusual that the varnish should have worn away so quickly can you tell us exactly what it said in the tin, was it a B&Q own brand? Good to know so we can advise other people not to use it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back