Wooden Frame Window Stays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope somebody on here can help me . . .

I've recently moved to a house which has wooden frame double glazed windows. The house is 15 years old and the windows are all in need of refurbishment & repaint etc, which I am just about to start. One problem I am having is finding a suitable replacement stay. The current stays are mostly defective as the internals have come apart meaning the window doesn't shut tight and lets draught in.

The stays are a specific type which I unfortunately don't know the name of, meaning finding a replacement is very hard. The latch part that screws to the frame does not have a flat bottom, it has a kind of curved bottom edge that fits along the profile of the wooden quadrant bead. Hard to explain so I have uploaded a few pictures.

Please can somebody tell me if this is a specific brand or type of window stay so I can find some new ones? Your help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Sponsored Links
I think you'll be very lucky now to get anything like, I believe they are John carr windows, John carr no longer exists, them and Boulton and Paul were bought by rugby joinery many moons ago and I believe now it's all owned by jeld-wen

Search Google images for John carr window stays and you'll see the same sort of stays and keeps that are specific to that moulding of timber

Thanks both for your help - I have now found a few suppliers who have these in stock.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I am in the same position as Dan, I am looking for a supplier for replacement window stays and handles for a Barratts house built in 2001.

Dan, if you're still on here can you let me know what suppliers you found, I can't seem to find any.

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back