Wooden shed window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a brick built shed & the door and window need replacing. Sourcing a door frame and ledged/braced door is easy enough - finding a suitable wood window is proving trickier.
The current window has a fan light and is 67x105cm - every window I can find is too expensive or fancy for the shed.
Any idea where I can look to find something suitable.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could look on e-bay someone may have the size you want for sale in either wood frame or UPVC, or even try a doubleglazing firm, sometimes they have mis fits in stock which they sell of at reduced prices. Other than that why dont you price up the timber and make one.

Unless you reveal the budget you cannot get much help.?What is too expensive.

On wickes, b&q etc - they only seem to sell wooden casement windows, which come to around the £250 mark. This is more than I want to part with for a shed window, I don't really want to put in a upvc window. A couple of people around here them fitted & they don't match very well.

I suppose around the £100 mark would be palatable, I'm quite capable diy wise - but I started looking at repairing the rotted sections on the existing window, it looks like once I start messing with it it's going to fall completely apart.

Theres a fan light at the top & two sections to the main window beneath that at the moment, the bottom has completely rotted away. I've duct taped the bottom glass pain in at the moment for safeties sake.

Sponsored Links
Answer is in the forum name really DIY
If you are "quite capable" then probably the best answer would be to make one yourself. As you say you don't want it fancy as it's only a shed window so simple square sections can be put together. A local timber yard would also most likely be able to supply rebated timber sections at a small cost if you don't feel up to rebating the timber yourself. Screwed joints would be fine rather than mortise and tenons. Simply a case of measuring up the hole and the fanlight and working around those measurements.

the trouble you have harry is a wooden window is a wooden window
it doesn't come with a variable price list with a different price per application
shed £85
garage £100
terraced £165
semi £195
detached £225

its the same window regardless off application

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back