Wooden wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to install a wooden wall in a kitchen - as seen in many showrooms for kitchens and bathrooms - they literally look like either solid wood, or as a cheaper option laminated, flooring fixed to the wall, but I'm wondering if this is literally what it is. The ones I've seen don't have quadrant beading to hide the expansion gaps so not sure how to get the clean simple finish. I'm presuming I'd need to fix battens on the wall first, then fix the planks as if doing a floor?

Any ideas appreciated

Thx

Sponsored Links
Do you mean like timber cladding?

Can you find a picture to show what you mean?

I've just posted on your other similiar post and think I now understand what you are on about.
If I'm right you are thinking of using floor laminate on a studded wall?
If so then I think first cover the exsisting wall in ply to give a stable backing and then glue the laminate in place to avoid fixing through the face and break up the vertical joints.
As to the joint with the floor a shadow gap is an option. It can be an akward detail to set up but would look good in this situation.

Sponsored Links
I've just posted on your other similiar post and think I now understand what you are on about.
If I'm right you are thinking of using floor laminate on a studded wall?
If so then I think first cover the exsisting wall in ply to give a stable backing and then glue the laminate in place to avoid fixing through the face and break up the vertical joints.
As to the joint with the floor a shadow gap is an option. It can be an akward detail to set up but would look good in this situation.
I think the OP does not actually know what it is he wants, just knows the look, the example is from here.
http://www.trendir.com/house-design...hitecture-on-yarra-river-front-melbourne.html
an OZ site and therefor likely to be real hardwood wall, and very expensive.

i just want a nice contemporary timber wall, not looking like 70's T&G

I think the OP does not actually know what it is he wants, just knows the look, likely to be real hardwood wall, and very expensive.

I think the OP as you say knows the look he wants but doesn't want the expense that you've also pointed out.
I've fitted similiar walls in solid timber panels, heavy expensive things that need a lot of care but I take it the OP wants a cheaper version in laminate which should be doable but I'll concede I've never seen done.
Oh and deansplit sorry for the t&g idea in your other post , I see now what you meant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back