Woodgrain Foiling Peeling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I got a quick question, have a customer who has the mahogany ' Foil ' peeling from his windows. I know it is a Renolit film and I know there used to be companies who repaired the film. The customer who is an elderly gentleman really doesn't want new windows . I want to help him out ...can anyone help with suggestions or know of anyone that can reapply the foils?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Crank is your man on this I expect but haven't seen him post in a while. Might be worth sending him a PM.
Keep us updated. Purely because I'm a noisy bugger lol

Sponsored Links
Crank is your man on this I expect but haven't seen him post in a while. Might be worth sending him a PM.
Keep us updated. Purely because I'm a noisy bugger lol

So it's you making all that noise? :mrgreen:

I've replaced a few bits of foil in my time, not done any in a while and while not doing a lot now you slowly loose the touch, if I could I would always do a wax repair and paint new grain on

Do you fancy a job in North Devon Crank lol! Still sounds beyond my skill set! Just want to help this customer out but repairing foils or rewaxing and painting grain on isn't something i've ever done

Has this job been solved? If not contact me here as i do Renolit foil repairs and have been for 7 years now.

I was sales manager for UPVC manufacturer and some 20m years ago supplied a large job in nCherrywoosmlamionate windows and very large conservatory, loads of money,
After a number of years it started to peel back very badly and i tried to get help from and via Renolit, they gave me names of companies licensed to repair the problem but most on nth midlands and nearest in Essex
Nobody wanted to know even if they were paid for all their time and local accommodation (east sussex)
So i think it was bad batch as i have supplied loads of the window industry with this and mahogany laminate and this was the first time i have seen this in 26 years in the window supply industry, to the trade (started in glazing and window industry in 1962 so i know my industry!!)
So contact Renolit , they will give you names of who can do the work but i wish you well , and your friend!!

The customer never followed up on it, and I have to say its not a bad batch. I see it more and more from differing profile companies as the years go on, golden oak, rosewood, mahogany , all the foils that are about 20 years old . I fear this problem is going to get a lot worse...

Thats interesting Ronnie, i wonder who you work for but cannot mention on here of course!!
I have been retired for 16 years now nearly 82 !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back