Woodworm

S

SaladFingers

There are signs that in the past, woodworm has been present in my house. I've been here since Feb. I haven't seen any activity, no beetles crawling about and no dust around the bore holes.

So I hope it's been treated back when it were active, but what signs could I look for to ensure treatment? I am tempted to coat over the areas with treatment anyway, which I guess is belt and braces.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
wood dust bellow the flight holes and light coloured holes when they are fresh around july-august ,areas that have been damp will have attracted worm, some say worm doesn't like modern conditions with central heating

wood dust bellow the flight holes and light coloured holes when they are fresh around july-august ,areas that have been damp will have attracted worm, some say worm doesn't like modern conditions with central heating

I've just installed central heating actually, so the house hasn't had proper heating for a very long time.

Sponsored Links
do a google search for info on woodworm,
iirc it didnt matter about the heating of said house.never heard of that when i was spraying houses etc for these sorts of problems.
think about it,a lot of infestations are because someone might of bought it in,in a piece of furniture thus then infecting other areas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back