Worcester 12/14 combi won't reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's not locking out but the reset button under the top has popped out and stay on. I've turned it off and will have another go but any ideas would be great.

Sponsored Links
Is there any water in the boiler (pressure gauge reading)?

Pressure is fine, I've just managed to reset, boiler fires up but still no hot water or heating . Then after a while it pops out again. Could it be the pump?

Yes, assuming the button that pops is the overheat. You could remove the silver screw in the middle of the front data label of the pump, with a towel to catch the small spurt of water, and see using a screwdriver if the spindle behind is spinning.

Sponsored Links
Thanks... Yes it's the overheat button... Not sure I'm brave enough to check it myself though, will ring my boiler guy.

You wont get a flood Pippa.....with the chrome screw out you can use a small electrical screwdriver to feel the pump spinning. Have the pump speed set on 3.
(Apologies to simon for the hijack :eek:)
John :)

I've only very basic knowledge really, hence not being very brave at tinkering. Only know what I know from having a temperamental oil boiler for 10 years and watching and listening when my boiler man is fixing it. I'll have a look at it tomorrow since it's in an outhouse and the lighting is poor. Thanks again...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back