WORCESTER 12RI BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Still looking for advice on behalf of inlaws

WB 12 Ri boiler was fitted a couple of months ago but ever since the central heating and hot water have not worked properly.

Engineers have been out several times and given completely different explanations, some say that there needs to be vents fitted above boiler or vent fitted at hot water tank or no vents are required at all.

Problem;

Central heating will usually only stay on when the request for hot water is turned off, if hot water request is turned on there is a gurgling noise in the boiler and it then switches on and off every couple of minutes. The hot water is now only luke warm.

The water drained off by the engineers is not clean despite having a power flush when the boiler was fitted.

The pump and the mid valve? below the hot water tank have been replaced but the problem persists.

There always seems to be a lot of air needing bled in the radiators (sometimes twice a day)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
sounds like it int piped up right, what boiler/system was in before? did ya have any simular faults with the old system?

Thanks

The previous boiler was a Baxi Solo WM, the only thing that was changed was the boiler same radiators etc.

was the hot water for old boiler gravity? any chance of some pictures of the pipe-work?

Sponsored Links
Thanks again.

Its my in laws boiler but as far as i'm aware the system is exactly the same as before the only change is the boiler. It was fitted by a gas safe WB accredited fitter in October.

When the problem emerged the fitters came back and told the in laws that the problem was with a mid valve sticking below the HW tank. The system then worked for a few days before the same thing happened.

The valve has since been replaced by the company who cover the maintenance.

Would the boiler not being piped properly cause the above (it has worked properly occasionally?)

Fitters have been back and stated that boiler working properly(no flashing blue light etc) They are putting problem down to pre existing pipework/ valve at water tank.

Maintenance engineers continually coming up with various explanations for problem but no one knows how to fix it?

Perhaps I am a bit slow tonight but why did one installer fit the boiler and then suddenly some magical maintenance engineers appear from nowhere but dont have any idea whats wrong.

Some of my friends are so tight that they have a problem paying for something that works and if it did not work then they certainly would not be paying anything.

Tony

Agile

The maintenance engineers already covered the central heating system prior to the new boiler being put in.

The in laws intended having the company who fitted the boiler take over the maintenance but after the boiler was fitted and stopped working one night the fitters would not come out leaving the in laws with no heating/hot water. When they eventually came out they stated that it was the mid valve that was the problem and charged a call out fee because it was nothing to do with the boiler. As a result of the service provided the in laws decided to stay with the maintenance they had, Scottish Hydro, but as i've said they dont seem to have any clue whats up with the system. I'm only looking for advice which may give Scottish hydro the heads up.

Those kind of firms can only employ less able people.

But if you complain hard enough they will keep sending people until its fixed. Its up to you to make a fuss! Any competent engineer will be able to identify the problem.

An independent has to be better as we cannot waste out time not being able to do the job.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back