Worcester 20/25 ( not heating ) hot water ok

To the Exp vessel needing attention.

I am still unsure how to drain the vessel hence the reason its not been done.
I have however managed to find the fault with the boiler and now the heating is working again.
I will search the internet to see if I can find a "how to " for the exp vessel.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
My method is
Release system pressure. Close aav's
Lift vessel onto a Builders bucket with hose facing down. If full it will be heavy.
Crack open the hose connection and drain into bucket. Pumping air into the Schraeder valve will force the water out.
Pump up to required charge.

My method is
Release system pressure. Close aav's
Lift vessel onto a Builders bucket with hose facing down. If full it will be heavy.
Crack open the hose connection and drain into bucket. Pumping air into the Schraeder valve will force the water out.
Pump up to required charge.
Thanks

I've just read up on the exp vessel so now a bit more clued up, it would appear to work like the exp tank on a cars radiator, water was not coming out the valve on the exp vessel it was coming out of this valve (see picture) The engineer that came out to service the boiler said the exp vessel needed sorted as it had water in it.. but the boiler was running and as far as I understand it is meant to have water in the bottom of it when running and pressurised..?

IMG_1320.JPG

If he serviced it...WTF did he not sort it out?...It's a 5 minute job!!
What is the system pressure hot and cold?

Sponsored Links
If he serviced it...WTF did he not sort it out?...It's a 5 minute job!!
What is the system pressure hot and cold?
More money to come back out again. He is the only oil fired boiler engineer within 30 miles and the others want £100 before setting off on top of the service fee!. Cold I'm sure it's sitting on 1/2 bar and I'm not sure hot I will let you know when I get home.

See my post #3. Op was told by engineer that ev was full of water and needed attention.
And?? I was told that, and with a bit of investigation it turns out all is fine and engineer ( if you can call him that) was wrong!

Thanks for trying to make me look an idiot for changing pcb!

AASS I think you will find that was a totally different thread!! NOWT was deleted.
If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing ! ✊✊
Here's something constructive FO;)(y)
Thanks for trying to make me look an idiot for changing pcb!
if thats how you feel, an idiot, thats up to you ;), how do you expect people to help when you delete the problem you had to help in any way, anyway who's bright idea was it to change the P.C.B :ROFLMAO: . call me an ass and i will act like one (y)

Here's something constructive FO;)(y)

if thats how you feel, an idiot, thats up to you ;), how do you expect people to help when you delete the problem you had to help in any way, anyway who's bright idea was it to change the P.C.B :ROFLMAO: . call me an ass and i will act like one (y)
Well you have just proved you are an ass coz I deleted nowt! As I said previously ( if you can read ) it was on another thread on this forum( and still there) .
Anyway boiler fixed and I'm off out to enjoy my life unlike you with nowt better to do than troll forums making assy comments later hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back