Worcester 24 CDi Hot Water Failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my problem to ensure I am forearmed with information.

The Worceseter 24 CDi boiler is approximately 9 years old and has been working fine up until yesterday. There is no problem with the CH but for some reason the HW has now failed. The HW stopped kicking in at the preferred temperature setting, so I turned it up to full and it duly kicked in. This only worked for about 10 minutes then it failed completely. The hot water indicator no longer lights up when the tap is turned on and the water is stone cold.

Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Suggest that you change the whole valve, at that age.

I have had exactly the same problem, but I have since changed ( by corgiman for 180 wraps ) and now all I get is warm water, no good to wash up un, It gets slightly warmer if I turn the central heating on !!!!! Whats the crack, any suggestions, Corgiman says boiler is shot, so why is heating working ?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for all your replies. I've got a professional plumber coming out tomorrow to sort it. I just needed a bit of info in case he/she started splurting out problems with different components.

:D Cheers!

gentess1 said:
I have had exactly the same problem, but I have since changed ( by corgiman for 180 wraps ) and now all I get is warm water, no good to wash up un, It gets slightly warmer if I turn the central heating on !!!!! Whats the crack, any suggestions, Corgiman says boiler is shot, so why is heating working ?

heat exchanger is prob scaled :idea:

diaphragm on a 24/28 cdi isnt that bad and you wont tneed to take out the entire diverter either....the worst bit is after putting it back together trying to sort the other leaks which appear from nowhere :evil:

gentess1 said:

corgiman....you should be ashamed of yourself. :LOL: :LOL:

SOrt the diverter/diaphragm first.
A boiler bloke would be able to diagnose pretty quickly.
If the plate heat exchanger is scaled, I remove and clean them for 80 -£100.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back