Worcester 240 BF Combi flue issues...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i've got a problem with a Worcester 240 balanced flue combi in which the emissions test was very high when tested (1100ppm). I believe the cause is a corroded inner flue duct which is letting fumes mix back in with fresh air via the air intake. When you take the flue hood off above main heat exchanger, the damaged part is the inner flue metal that starts from the boiler body and is cut about 300mm. (There is then an extension piece which is attached to the terminal which slots over this 300mm piece from boiler back) I need to know if the 300mm inner flue piece is attached to the boiler back plate and if this can be changed or is it a case of a new boiler??

Sponsored Links
You need a RGI, flues have safety implications, or should I say danger,

Hi Mick, I am a Gas Safe registered engineer but I understand your initial concerns regarding the content of the post. I'm merely putting the scenario out there to see if anyone has come across the same problem I have to find a solution.

psa44101

We don't give this kind of info on the open forum for obvious reasons. Join the CC for these questions.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked that the part is still available?

Sometimes boilers need to be taken off the wall to sort out old flues.

With an old boiler a replacement is often easier/better/only option.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back