Advice on new combi boiler please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current combi boiler is located in the kitchen mounted at 90 degrees to the outside wall. The flue of the current boiler exits through the side casing about a third of the way down the boiler.
I'm hoping I'll be able to find a replacement make of boiler with a similar flue configuration option because the 300mm space between the top of the boiler and the ceiling is occupied by the cooker extract duct. If I have to have a replacement combi with a flue exiting the top of the boiler there is nowhere else to route the cooker hood extract.
Are there any makes which offer this flue option?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You misunderstand me. The point is that a vertical flue would occupy the space over the boiler which is already occupied by the cooker extract duct - and which there is nowhere else for it to go.
So what I'm asking is whether there is a boiler which doesn't only have a vertical flue option? I need the flue to exit the side not the top.

Get a small boiler which has a reduced height so that you can still use a flue from the top

Worcester greenstar junior or viessman vitodens 100

Sponsored Links
Most new boilers have the option or the flue exiting either side, rearward or vertical.

What was the reason though that your current boilers flue went vertical?

I dont think anyone above have really understood you!

Only the Glowworm Flexicom offers a flue that exits to the rear WITHIN the vertical height of the boiler!

Not many installers would choose that model though.

For me its still very similar to the dreaded Sauniur Duval who used to charge installers 50p per minute to listen to music for five minutes before answering them and giving duff gen only to require them to call again when they had wasted their time following the false suggestions.

In spite of my continual running down of A-D products they have never even bothered to talk to me about their poor quality products!

Tony

I dont think anyone above have really understood you!

Only the Glowworm Flexicom offers a flue that exits to the rear WITHIN the vertical height of the boiler!

Not many installers would choose that model though.

For me its still very similar to the dreaded Sauniur Duval who used to charge installers 50p per minute to listen to music for five minutes before answering them and giving duff gen only to require them to call again when they had wasted their time following the false suggestions.

In spite of my continual running down of A-D products they have never even bothered to talk to me about their poor quality products!

Tony

Ferroli have rear flue model. The Domina last time I looked.

Not sure if I understand the problem, either (not being a plumber). However . . . could you have the boiler flue exiting from the top if you had the boiler fitted lower down the wall? I say this because I accidently got a boiler fitted in this way. I said I wanted it to fit in a cupboard and the guy lined it up with the top of the cupboards, rather than the bottom. As a result, I've had to have a cupboard made down to the work surface. But it looks great and probably better in the long run. The boiler outlet is certainly above the level of the vent for the chimney extractor hood.

Nick and Agile have understood what I'm saying ie boiler currently has flue exiting out of the side casing (phew!!!). I need the same configuration again as the space above the boiler is occupied already (by the cooker hood extract duct).
In answer to your question Nick, there is limited scope to drop the boiler down lower (in order to make a vertical flue possible) as the boiler is currently only about a foot above the kitchen worktop height.

The GW is only available with the flue exiting BEHIND the boiler case.

I am not aware of any boiler with a flue exiting from the SIDE of the casing.

The Keston has a 2" diameter flue and similar air inlet.

Tony

Tony

The only thing similar about it to any SD products is the Hydroblock arrangement, which is also very similar to some of the vaillant products. The heat engine is a unique Glowworm design.

Paspatout, have a look at this picture of an Ideal Combi boiler:

http://www.idealboilers.com/isar_he.html

As you can see, it does exit from the top but because the boiler is so small, there'd be scope for running the outlet pipe sideways and out through the adjoining wall. I know this can be done because I had a similar arrangement in a flat I own. The boiler is on one wall and the outlet goes through the wall to the side. The whole lot is contained in a run of cupboards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back