Worcester 240 defaults to Twice after power cut?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have my 240 heating set to Off in the Summer. Today we had a power cut and I suddenly realised the house was getting warm. Looking at the boiler, it had switched back on and defaulted to Twice.

Thinking this might be because the clock needed setting, I corrected this and selected Off.

I then turned the mains switch off and then on and the boiler immediately started up again on Twice.

As this is a holiday home this could be an expensive problem. I leave the boiler powered up but on Off as there are occasional visitors. If the boiler had come back on as Twice after power cuts previously then it could have run like this for months! (Might explain a few odd gas bills as well!)

Please can someone explain why turning the power back on to the 240 sets it to TWICE and not OFF, please?

TIA

Vigman

Sponsored Links
I expect they decide that the most common requirement is for use on the Twice setting and arrange it to default to that!

I think that you can turn the heating off by turning the radiator knob to minimum.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I meant to say that this is a small system in a flat and there is no central stat just radiator stats with the obligatory one rad (in the bathroom) without a stat.

I might have to fit a central stat to control this situation and/or as well as setting the TWICE times to be about five minutes long each session!

Vigman

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back