Worcester 240 pump overun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The whole CH system has had a total overhaul,sludge remover added and flushed,all rad valves cleaned, all radiators off for flushing ,new Auto air vent, new diverter valve,all put together and re-pressurized minus the rads at the moment (haven't finished the flush yet), but got the system back on again,hot water runs fine no leaks from any joints so all good there.The CH system is pressurised so that the system can work ,I gave it a quick test just to get things circulating. But now the pump seems to stay on and keep running ,what is likely to be the problem, pump overrun thermostat? Or does the system need the radiators back on to give it more of a volume to move the water about ? Any help would be greatly appreciated ,I'm sticking radiators back on as I type this now so I can get the inhibitor back into the system. Gas shuts off fine when taps are closed so the burner isn't staying on.

Sponsored Links
no rads = no circulation = no where for latent heat to go = pump running

Thankyou cider ,I wondered if that might be the case,I didn't know if the pipe runs minus the rads would have been enough to disperse that heat, the flow and return were left open so it could have gone around a little bit,but seeing all the rads were off I suppose the ring was broken and the flow and return can't work, half my rads are back on now ,just got the bigguns downstairs to finish off now ,so will have a full open system soon.Should be up and running again shortly,boy it will be cold without those rads on after seven days in a row of sunshine :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back