WORCESTER 240RSF COMBI No hot water on demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, due to having no hot water I have just had the diverter valve replaced on my worcester 240 rsf combi boiler, I now have hot water when the heating is switched on but it is cold when not and the demand light does not come on when I turn the hot taps on. Could it be a problem with the micro switch? Simone

Sponsored Links
Hi, I didn't actually do it, a plumber did, because I had the heating on when he tested it the hot water worked and we thought it was fixed. He replaced the whole diverter as far as i know, when I rang him later he said it might be the micro switch , I would like some other opinions. Thanks

Sponsored Links
He showed me my diverter valve once he'd removed it and it looked like the one illustrated in my installation manual. I'm pretty sure he changed it because afterwards the hot water worked with the heating on whereas before it was barely warm even with the heating on.

It may be rather obvious but surely the solution is to call him back?

He probably forgot to connect the switch or connected it wrongly. Or he forgot the paddle disc.

Tony

The Plumber came back and after checking the diverter valve realised that a small black rubber part was missing, he's put it in and everything is working just fine. Thank you for your responses

One wonders where he found the "missing" paddle disc!

Or how he originally tested that the boiler fired up on a hot water demand on his original visit!

Some of my customers feel they have to test it themselves before paying the bill !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back