worcester 240rsf problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all

just wondering if anyone can help to my problem im having,
moved into my house about 7 months ago and this is the boiler fitted, once the cold weather started and it was actually being used i firstly noticed that the pressure rose to 3psi once warmed up.
after doing a bit of research i figured this must be the expansion vessel as its rising, cutting out whilst the prv releases and then firing up again.
this is going on a constant cycle however so the boilers always on and off which isnt great for warmth!

ive got a friend whos planning to fix this for me with an external expansion vessel but pinning him down to do it is another thing, so its been used sparingly when needed in this condition.

yesterday i returned home on a very cold day and switched it on, it started up as usual before making a few funny noises a few seconds in. (at this point i wasnt sure wether to run for the hills or not).
the boiler cut out then afterwards made a kind of water and air bubble noise if that makes sesne and now it wont fire up.
the power light is on and if i switch the heating on the demand light comes on but thats it.
having just learnt about the reset button from here im going to give that a shot when returning home but otherwise im a bit clueless on ideas!

im the type of person who likes to find out and understand the problems before its fixed if this is possible so any help would greatly be appreciated!

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back