Hi, first post here, problem with Worcester Boiler.

Sponsored Links
Just to give you an update.

Last week I drained the system completely.
I then pressed the valve atop the Expansion Vessel to see how much water came out but there was nothing after a drop or two.
Once the pressure was all gone from the vessel I used a Schrader removal tool to remove the valve.

I then stuck a very small thin wire into the vessel then removed it quickly and felt it for water (I made sure it wasn't sharp as not to puncture the diaphragm), there was no water.

I assumed therefore that the expansion vessel had not failed and simply lost pressure. I then put the valve back in and using a bike pump with a gauge pumped it up to 0.5 bar. Once I removed the pump, the valve hissed like mad. I therefore replaced the valve and pumped it up again and it held pressure, therefore it was the valve that had failed.

So the pressure in the vessel was re-pumped up to 0.5 bar with a new valve, then the system re-filled as per the instructions in the manual and then the PRV reset because it was dripping.

All is now fine. No drips down the drain, no loss of pressure, no high pressure in the system. Not had to top up the system in over a week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back