Worcester 24cdi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my combi boiler was installed in July 2005 by a friend of the father-in-law's - even though this type of combi boiler was not meant to have been installed after April 2005 :confused: - but I had heard bad things about condenser boilers.... but anyway - this boiler has started leaking through the overflow for the past couple of days - mainly because the pressure gauge has gone over 3 bars!! :mad: I have emailed Worcester/Bosch asking for a service as this boiler is still under warranty (or is this void due to the fact that it was installed in July 2005???) and am awaiting their reply. Does anybody know what part has gone faulty on this boiler? And if so - is it easily replaced???

Please help!!!

:(

Sponsored Links
Probably the expansion vessel needs charging but also prone to leaking dhw heat exchanger. Let all the pressure out of the boiler and stick a car tyre pressure guage on the big red vessel and see what you've got, should be about 1 bar. First check that you haven't left the key in though as the filling loop could be passing.

ollski said:
Probably the expansion vessel needs charging but also prone to leaking dhw heat exchanger. Let all the pressure out of the boiler and stick a car tyre pressure guage on the big red vessel and see what you've got, should be about 1 bar. First check that you haven't left the key in though as the filling loop could be passing.

Thanks for the info!! Now I come to think of it - I did fill the loop with the key a while back and because the boiler is in the loft I forgot all about taking the key back out - perhaps I should take the key out and empty the system? Refill and see what happens?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back