Worcester 24CDi combi boiler-Proble with pressure

Just a quick one for future reference because I have come across this myself after draining the system down and then repressuring. I too have come accross the problem of the system losing pressure and the water was releasing from the tell tale pipe outside.
I corrected the problem by simply turing the pressure release valve fully and letting the spring loaded action reseat the valve properly and this stopped the water leaking past the seat of the valve.
I know this sounds simple but its worth a try before you take the long way round and take it apart! The reason why it didn't reseat properly was that I was relaesing the system pressure by just easing the valve open and not opening fully.
Hope this helps.

Many thanks for the tip - that is exactly what happened to me, and your fix fixed it.

Cheers,
X

Sponsored Links
Ive had similar problem with my pressure gauge reaching zero + being unable to light the pilot light resulting in no ch or hw. I followed the instructions on the back of the boilers cover ,regarding pressurising the system . Turned the key into lock position, turned grey nob ant-clockwise - the pressure gauge slowly rose to 2 bar + then i turned the nob clockwise as advised in instructions. It was then that water sprung from all over the place
after removing the key from the system + turning off our water at the mains ,we have stopped the boiler leaking inside the building , However the problem now is the overflow pipe has a constant flow of water outside our house.
After reading this thread i learn that the 1st mistake i made was to have the power on the boiler during the process.
!st problem though is how the stop the water from the overflow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back