Worcester 24cdi diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never changed one of these myself but have one that needs doing ,seems i need to remove a fair few bits to get to it, How long in your opinion would it take to strip out and replace one of these.

Sponsored Links
If this is the model with the diverter horizontal from left to right then I would question why you want to do it in the first place.

I repair boilers pretty often but that is one job I usually avoid. I did one for a friend once and it took me about two hours and not a very enjoyable time either!

If you were doing them very regularly then I suppose it would only take about an hour.

Tony

trust me i dont want to do it :)

It was after responding to a call of no hot water

there is no pin comming from valve when hot water is called for if i open tap and flick switch with driver boiler fires and works fine ,very restricted acess as its in a deep cupbord, all in all a bit of a pig.

This would be one where I might refer the customer to Worcester but I dont think their staff do out of warranty calls during busy times.

Make sure your charges take account of up to two hours work.

It would also help if you were able to get new seals for every part to be disturbed.

Tony

Sponsored Links
isnt there something about it been easier to leave the diverter in place and replacing its diaphram in situe on the 24cdi? (i own a 24cdi, but havent had to do anything on it just seam to remember leaving a mental note once).

That might depend on whether you are a DIY bodger or a professional.

I seem to recall there is some difficulty about changing the diaphragm in situ anyway.

In any case why would a professional ever want to do a half job just to save the customer a few pounds and then have a liability to do another two hours umpaid?

The last thing a professional would ever want to do is create a situation where the manifold might fail and give rise to a call back to fix it at no further charge. That would be another difficult two hour job and a £90 part!!! Not for us!

Tony

sm1thson said:
isnt there something about it been easier to leave the diverter in place and replacing its diaphram in situe on the 24cdi? (i own a 24cdi, but havent had to do anything on it just seam to remember leaving a mental note once).

I have a draper 90deg screwdriver which undoes the two screws at the back of the diaphragm housing but it won't save you that much work you still need to take most of the bits off for access. Make sure you get the o ring kit and the washer kit.

as ollski says i find it easier to do in situ and can do them in 40 minutes.

only needs the plate heatex off amd its easy enough after that

I think changing the DV the first time took 2 hours, but then second 1 hour, third 40 mins and so on, down to 20 minutes or so. If it's in an awkward place, the whole thing's different. More likely to leak because hard to get into so has to be repeated, etc. Have done one while laying along the edge of a kitchen worktop, horrible. Draining the system can take a while too - don't use the isolators.

ive never used isolation valves on boilers....they are a menace.

they are a pain to change if the boiler is at floor level :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back