Worcester 24CDi. Faulty expansion vessel or am I missing som

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 24CDi boiler that has worked with no problems what so ever until now. I woke up this morning to a freezing flat and found that there was no water in the system and the heating light flashing.

I checked to see if the pressure valve had released water outside and there was nothing. I have checked all the pipe work I can find and there
are no leaks. I filled the system again, it held the pressure until i turned the heating on after which the pressure dropped fairly quickly and the system needed to be refilled again. In addition to this, steam seemed to be coming from the automatic air vent on the top of the boiler.

Would this be caused by a faulty expansion vessel or am I missing something that I should be looking for?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It could be...

OP doesnt say that the pressure rises past 3 bar and if there is any water from the PRV after the pressure drop.

more info could lead us to the correct conclusion?

Steam from the AAV says to me that its overheating and not a pressure problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back