worcester 24cdi ignition lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have problems with my worcester boiler , ignition lockout seems to be happening quite regular. this always happens at the start of a demand , press the reset button then its fine no further problems ,this perhaps happens now about 3 times a week . as i said the problem is always when the boiler is set to come on first time . the boiler was serviced recently . and it was okay untill recently. You cannot rely on it coming on from the timer . As i said there is no set pattern , it might be alright for a few days then , then it might lock out 2 times on the trot , otherwise heating is fine. any ideas.

Sponsored Links
HW as well as CH or just one?

On an ignition attempt, how far does it get before failing?
What are the lights doing?

HW as well as CH or just one?

On an ignition attempt, how far does it get before failing?
What are the lights doing?

ch flashes slowly , you hear the igniter just clicking away then it times out, i did have this problem before it was serviced, when the engineer came and serviced it he said some sort of clip was not on the inside cover properly and this could have been the problem , i understand this has got to be airtight. it seemed okay for a couple of months , now it is starting to lock out again , wondering why it seems to do it after its been off for a long time , i e first time in the morning when its set to come on, as i said once reset it will light up all the time for the rest of the day.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back