worcester 24cdi OF fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,and thanks for having me on the forum. The above boiler is now very old being in a static caravan lpg,open flue. Its started to lockout after a min or so with flashing DHW light. Reset on the boiler does not work,has to be switched off at mains. The manual points to fail point J which says possible flue restricted,and/or restriction around gas water heat exchanger, failing this,gas safety device at fault or circuit board. A replacement board was fitted and any restrictions checked but still same fault and strangley still doesnt work on reset button. All is left according to manual is the gas safety device. i have read some previous post back in 2005 but dunno if ever resolved back then,any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
sorry gas specific advice not allowed.straight forward boiler to work on a registered eng should be a to repair.

When was it last serviced? with LPG it MUST be properly serviced at least once a year, by serviced I dont mean the site owners poking a flue gas analyser in it, the heat exchangers can easily block with soot as LPG is a very didrty gas, once I had the same fault and it was a big fat seagull kept sitting on the flue terminal and had flattened it a bit so worth having a look at that, but if it hasnt been properly serviced get it done, if the safety device that is switching the boiler off is not faulty , and is simply doing its job, in the close confines of a caravan you could have a very dangerous situation

Sponsored Links
This is stated to be an open flue gas boiler.

Assuming this is correct I am left wondering if it is still legal.

If I remember correctly this model has a safety device to ensure the flue is correctly removing the products of combustion. Part of this operation requires a permanent vent to the outside to provide combustion air. People have a tendency to block these up which is very dangerous indeed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back