Worcester 24cdi RSF divert valve/replacing question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone can help me please!.....

I have just replaced the diaphragm in the diverter valve, and to do this I had to remove the plate heat exhcnager, and filling loop assmebly. All was done quite quickly, but on replacing, I am struggling to connect the bypass tube into the plastic housing, which had to be removed with the diverter valve. Please help, I have wasted so long already, and my hand is now bleeding :cry:

The problem I am having is: I cannot get the metal clip into the slots with the tube in place. Is there any trick to this?.....

Sponsored Links
the trick is not to remove the diverter in the first place, far less hassle overall to do it in situ.

the bypass tube can be a fecking nightmare to get back in. i have had to bend them to different angles to get them back in before.

cheers for your help mate. This is definetely the trickest boiler/part I have had trouble with !

I did get the clip back in, but then the bypass tube wouldn't get in the correct position again and got caught on the DHE thermistor! So i removed that and now am having a break before getting it in again. I had heard they were anoying but this is ridiculous! Next time, if I ever get one of these, I will do it in situ as you mentioned.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

Leaving it in situ is the best option,but the 2 screws securing the diaphragm housing top at the back are a bit tricky,but can be done.I bent a screwdriver blade to the correct angle and it works for me.

Sponsored Links
Ha - doing them in situ is no walk in the park either!

I usually put the bypass tube in before finally fixing the part it's in, on the left end, if that makes sense. Not nice though.

i wish you'd come on here before you started!

I do them in about 35 mins.

1) never remove bypass tube, just loosen the 4 screws on the left hand manifold!
2) after removing the plate and screws holding the diverter in it will pull out with a bit of persuasion.

My only advice is now you will have to remove the pump so you can get right on the bypass. Lots of molycote and a new o ring and it should go!

Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back