Worcester 24i Boiler Leaking

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Boiler details: 24i RSF, GC No. 47 311 37.

I'm hoping someone else might have had this same problem. I rented my house out for a year or so and when I returned to it the boiler was leaking from one of the joints on the black plastic manifold. This part leaked a few years ago and I cured the leak by fitting a new manifold kit. This time I found that the kit appeared to be incomplete as it did not include all the O rings. I went back to the plumbers merchant but they said the kit does only come with 3 of the 4 or 5 O rings needed to do the job. I bought 2 extra O rings and attempted to fit the manifold today.
2 of the manifold joints fit onto copper pipes of about 20mm diameter and are secured by slotted spring clips. One O ring for these was included in the kit and the other I bought separately, as stated above. Both these seemed slightly thicker than the old O rings and I could not get the parts to fit together. I tried lubricating them with washing up liquid but it didn't help. I tried fitting the old O rings but that was also tricky as they seemed to have stretched slightly and were being forced out of their grooves. I eventually did get the new manifold in with the old O rings but it now leaks worse than ever.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back