Worcester 24i Central Heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New member here, hoping one of the forum experts can point me in the right direction with a boiler problem :D

I've recently moved into a house with a Worcester 24i boiler installed. Every time I use the central heating the overheat cut-off stat is popping up, meaning I need to reset it in order to have hot water/heating again.

If the heating is off the hot water will work without any problems whatsoever - I've tested this over a period of several days.

However when the CH is used, everything starts OK with rads heating up etc. but after a short while the reset button pops up, cutting off the heating and hot water. This happens every time the heating is used.

Anyone got any ideas? All input greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I can only guess that the CH sensor is out of tolerance and allowing the boiler to overheat.

I would have expected it to be a flow restriction but if the rads heat up at totally as normal then that would discount that. Has anything been done to the boiler or rads?

You can disconnect the sensor with the boiler cold and measure the resistance.

Sometimes but rarely they do not exhibit the correct temperature curves.

Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony, as far as I know nothing has been done to the rads/boiler but we've been in the house for less than 2 months so the previous owners might have been messing about.

I will double check later on that all of the rads operate normally but I'm fairly certain that they do.

The boiler does seem to get very hot suggesting it is actually overheating - which would back up your theory Tony?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back