Worcester 24i fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Could someone please tell me how to correct a problem with the fan on my Worcester 24i combi.
The fan comes on when the boiler is activated (normal) and after a certain period would switch off again (normal) Now though, it will not switch off, I have to switch the power supply off the kill the the fan.
Any ideas you good people?

Cheers :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if there is an over run circuit controlled by a stat which may have failed.

Alternatively it may be a timed over run controlled by the PCB and the PCB has failed.

Obviously if I was fixing it I would be seeing what controls it but for free advice its only generality.

Tony

Thanks for the response.....
Is there anything obvious that would tell me what is wrong, what would a stat look like for instance and is there anyway of testing it, or would it be a case of replace it and see.

Cheers :confused:

The first thing to do is identify from the MI what the mechanism involved is.

they can be tested but that needs a heat source and testmeter, usually outside the capabilities of a DIYer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tell me where to get the heat source and where to test and I will. I am competent and capable you know.............! :LOL:

On other worcesters fan stays on for 15 seconds after demand has gone.. which would suggest built in timer on the board as opposed to seperate stat.

Hi
Are we talking microchips for timers, stats etc or are they easily identifiable. This problem occurred previously but corrected itself after about 4 months, would this suggest a loose connection. When I say fan I mean the bit that extracts all the fumes out of the flue.

Cheers

The information is not published. There is no separate device which controls the fan alone.
We're talking component failure, maybe on the board. Like a leaky electrolytic capacitor, or a sticking relay, or...
But nobody's going to suggest you try to mend the board.

Thanks Chris
Replace the whole circuit board makes sense, I'll try the worcester website for the part.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back