Worcester 24i mechanical timer - quick mend!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The round mechanical timer on our boiler keeps falling out - literally! You can put it back in and it works for a time, then falls out again, usually two or three times a day. I assume that the problem is with the central pin, it's loose so just doesn't seem to be doing its job of holding the whole mechanism securely in place.

Unfortunately we rent, so we're very limited in what we can do in terms of DIY. Also, we're at the mercy of our landlord in terms of getting someone out to fix it. We've already been told that we're a low priority because the boiler does actually work.

So, is there any kind of remedy that people can suggest to hold it in place at least for now, until someone comes out to fix it properly??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Think I get your drift.If the central mechanism is falling out leaving the rest in situ then I think a new clock assy is the only fix.Tape or glues of any kind will stop the clock from turning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back