Faulty single channel mechanical timeswitch - Worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a problem with the single channel mechanical timeswitch on my Worcester 24i boiler (about 4 years old). The boiler is working fine, but the timeswitch has basically stopped turning round so the heating settings are not working properly. At midnight last night we noticed the time on the timeswitch was 9pm, so we moved the switch round to the correct time and this morning, the timeswitch was still at midnight.

It's one of the old ones, by the way, not the new electronic timers...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
buy a new one

(or was there something else you wanted to know?)

I just wasn't sure if there was something that could be done to fix this one without the expense of getting a new one and getting it installed.

Sponsored Links
may be chaeper thanyou think.

if you get a like for like timer, no wiring connections to change and it will fit where the current one is.

you can of course get a differnt make model, but then it wont fit and will need a slight change in wiring.

if you do get a like for like, note which wire goes where, lable them, get new timer, switch mains off, change timer, switch mains on stand back and be proud, " i did that, all with the help of some forum called diynot"

i think, if its an integral timer, it just unplugs and new one plugs in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back