worcester 25Ri flashing blue light - clicking with Video

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi anyone who may be able to help?

....I have an issue and routine with this boiler of it fails to initiate its timed programe I then reset it, all ok for a while, next time the progam is supposed to heat water andCH I get a blue flashing light (mostly off-flashes on, as the book says) then it may stay on and come on and off fine for days..then it all starts again.

I do have an engineer lined up but not for a couple of weeks,

heres the video of what sometimes happens when I have the blue light not flashing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY-GeGmUUaY[/youtube]

... the only way to start it at all now, this may give a clue to the problem maybe?, is to turn it on left knob clockwise, turn right knob left to reset then...by pushing the heating advance button on the programming unit ..this stops the clicking and the green flame light illuminates and alls good.

Any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
If you can hear a clicking like a relay (I didn't watch the vid) it will be your pcb.

That is the relay on your PCB chattering contact Worcester for a fixed price repair is your best bet

£265 for a one off fix with Worcester. I'm a Worcester engineer. We will have the pcb in board and do it for you there and then.

Sponsored Links
A Worcs staff engineer!

Come to the CC and tell us how you change the PRV on an SI quickly!

No quick way I'm afraid. Some engineers with small hands can get up the back but I take the pump and plate heat exchanger out and get it out that way.

So how long does it take you?

Do you ever have bad thoughts about whoever designed that model?

Used to take me an hour when they first came out but it's 20-30min job. The key is to use some grease on the o-rings when replacing it to ensure they go in easy. I use molykote grease.

Bought a nearly new PCB board off ebay for 20 quid and it's now sorted.

Still got a plumber coming to give it a check over and service.

Think I may have saved £245 :eek:

Thanks for the replies :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back