HELP! - Problem with Worcester 24CDi BF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the electricity off in the house to change a light fitting.
When I turned the power back on the boiler went into a fault state, both the CH demand light and the HW demand light are flashing at a rate of once per second. I have pressed the reset button in for 5 seconds on several occasions and nothing has changed.

The water pressure is at 2bar.
When the lights flash the pump runs for a split second and you can hear a clicking sound from the blue relay.
I hope this video helps.

I can't believe that there could be something wrong with just the power going off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emju1YqksPs

Sponsored Links
Polarity fault? If nothing was wrong before and you have done some work then this is maybe the cause, was the boiler on when you switched off the electric? The blue relay thing is the transformer, possibilty that the PCB or transformer didnt like the switch off!

Had the same thing on a CDi RSF last week. PCB fault.

Polarity fault? If nothing was wrong before and you have done some work then this is maybe the cause, was the boiler on when you switched off the electric? The blue relay thing is the transformer, possibilty that the PCB or transformer didnt like the switch off!

Thanks for your replies so far!
The boiler was switched on but not heating when I pulled the lighting fuse, unfortunatly it looks like the socket was wired from the light below and knocked off the boiler at the same time. As I didn't kill the sockets I didnt expect the boiler to go off.
What might be the solution, where can I get a PCB from if that is the problem?
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Still not working :( , where will i get a PCB from? Should I phone a heating engineer?

Still not working :( , where will i get a PCB from? Should I phone a heating engineer?

yes do phone a heating engineer hopefully youll get a good one that konws what hes doing! and expect the pcb to be around 120 poundish mark ;)

Got an engineer round, he checked everything and suggest it is the PCB, he can get one for £196 inc VAT. That would be the price to him direct from his suppliers (Parts centre).
Still cold!

Thanks for the link 'wetshoes'.

I have purchased a complete boiler from ebay for £125, this was the advice given to me by the engineer that services my boiler. He told me that I can use the PCB and then strip it for spares (considering my parents and my sister have the same boiler it could be useful). It arrives Monday.

I did pay the engineer for comming round to see what the problem was (I actually paid him double what he asked for! and I gave him a small bottle of wiskey). If that is not supporting my local trades man then I don't know what is. :confused:

Just for the record, I replaced the PCB and the boiler works fine now :D . I also have loads of spares if anyone is interested! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back