Worcester 28 si HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

have recently rented out my propertty, and in the first week the bolier has packed up!

the boiler has a flashing red light, and occasionally will fire up, but then goes off again.

have had an engineer out who replaced the pcb, but the problem still remains... he said it could be the gas valve??

please any help would be appreciated, as my tennats have been without hotwater for over a week now!!

thanks

Alex

Sponsored Links
Firstly you want to be getting the last "engineer" back as he seems to have charged you for a rectification that hasnt worked nor would it have.

Secondly when he is back tell him he should of been looking at the fan and APS (air pressure switch). Intermitent firing is a classic symptom of a sticking fan.

Should also be looking to have your old board put back and reimburst for charges.

When you have the "engineer" there ask him to spin the fan, I'll put money on it stops quickly when it should be free running. ;)

cheers for your response.

thankfully i havent paid a bean as im covererd with my insurance...

but its more the inconvenience of my new tennants im worried about!!

so you dont think it will be the gas valve?? as it looks like i will have to wait upto a week for the part to be delivered...

Sponsored Links
My money is on the fan ;)

not if i get there first
lol-057.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back