worcester 28cdi ignition fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This boiler lights perfectly on hot water or central heating demand but the spark continues and the boiler locks out. The manual, after carrying out continuity and position checks for the flame sensor, says replace the circuit board. I have access to an identical boiler and have fitted the complete electrical panel to the faulty boiler to no avail. I have also swapped the burner complete with flame sensor without success. The flame looks fine and adjustments to the start up pressure makes no difference. Everything put back on the other boiler works perfectly. Help.

Sponsored Links
I am a retired gas installer and, while no longer registered, consider myself competent to do my own service and repairs. Have carried out fault finding on boilers for years but have never come across this problem, hence the question.

There's a separate forum for registered and retired RGIs called The Combustion Chamber. If you send website admin your details they can give you access.

You won't get much gas related advice in this public forum for obvious reasons.

In the meantime, check polarity.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to everyone who replied to my query with the 28cdi and particularly the forum tip. Polarity and earthing were all fine the problem was with the contact between the multi plug and the board despite continuity in the sensor cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back