worcester 28cdi pcb or gas valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
worcester bosch 28 cdi rsf. it ignites full burner on but carries on igniting then goes to burner lockout.
i fitted new flame sensor and checked continuity of the cable to the multi plug.
how can i test if it is gas valve or pcb? or is it something else?

Sponsored Links
Won't be the gas valve as you have a flame.

Probably not the PCB either.

Worcesters seem to have a mind of their own though. Probably something completely unrelated.

Sponsored Links
If it keeps sparking then it is not sensing the flame and will go to lockout.
If you are gassafe registered then post on the CC. Possibly a gas related fault so get a pro to check it out. You should not be attempting this work and we should not be giving you all this encouragement.

yes i agree with what you are saying but if there are any electrical tests i can do to try and determin if its pcb then i will have a go myself if its defo the gas then i can get somone in.

yes i agree with what you are saying but if there are any electrical tests i can do to try and determin if its pcb then i will have a go myself if its defo the gas then i can get somone in.

But you have already been dabbling inside the combustion chamber.

You now need a RGI to check it.

Which old Worcester has the Pressure Switch outside of the CC? It's irrelevent to the topic, but Agile posted it a while back, and I cannot remember :oops:

The old 24 and 28 cdi had the APS behind the control panel and I think this is the model under discussion.

Which old Worcester has the Pressure Switch outside of the CC? It's irrelevent to the topic, but Agile posted it a while back, and I cannot remember icon_redface.gif

wb 240 rsf

.. if there are any electrical tests i can do to try and determin if its pcb
Pcb in itself can't be tested, only the bits that are connected to it like switches, thermistors etc.
Solving this kind of fault is not in the diy area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back