Worcester 28CDi Wireless Thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester 28CDi Combi Boiler that was fitted when I moved in to the house some 7years ago. It was installed with a manual timer and NO room thermostat, which when questioned I was informed it was not needed due to all the rads having stats on them. However, I know now that this is not a very efficient/cost effective method of running a boiler.

I want to go wireless due to really not wanting to start digging holes in the walls for wiring, however, I have found out the the 28CDi has been discontinued and the Wocester website seems to even deny it exists (google link takes you to page not found and no search results on their site). So I am at the mercy of the internet.

My research has shown up the following:
Worcester DT20RF
Worcester DT10RF
Worcester MT10RF
Honeywell CM927
Themasave DRF2

I then (made the mistake) phoned Worcester and was informed that they only did 1 compatible wireless stat partno: 7716192049, but I cannot not find what this is. They also did say that if I kept the manual timer, then "in theory" I could use any as long as the had a 240v switch.

Now I am lost and confused and frustrated :oops:. In my mind it should be simply add a wireless receiver (programmable) to the boiler, place wireless stat in the living room, but which and how and now the confusion added by Worcester that I can use "any" if I use the existing manual timer?

If someone out there could give me advice and/or point me in the right direction.

Sponsored Links
put your existing programmer on constant,this will allow the rf room stat to control the boiler, then if you look at the electrical connections inside the boiler you will find ,

LS this is the live connection to a rf reciever

LN this is the neutral connection to a rf reciever

LR this is the switched live from the reciever

choose a rf thermostat that can switch 240v ( I know the honeywell can)

just follow the instruction that come with the stat you buy.

Siemens rev24rf or Honeywell cm927 are way better than the standard WB wireless stats.
Easy to install, easy to program.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the information. I have ordered the Honeywell and it'll will hopefully turn up on Monday.

Fingers cross :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back