Worcester 28i Combi, not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 28i Combi which isn't igniting, I have tried the usual stuff, turn room stat up full and turn temp control up, nothing happens. I have also checked the reset valve on the top left hand side, this hasn't popped up.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Does It work for HW?

Check pump is turning.

I don't think these have a low pressure switch, but check the pressure anyway.

probably APS fault. however a few basic electrical checks should be done first, own a multi-meter?

I had a similar problem about 10 weeks ago and it was reading a post on here that made me check the pressure switch trip on the top left hand side of the boiler, that was the problem then, but not this time, It won't ignite at all so consequently I have no hot water either, the fan appears to be working when you try to ignite the boiler.

Sponsored Links
As Rob says, it's a matter of going through the fault finding instructions (WB SITE) with a multimeter. APS is favourite, but we're guessing.

where is the APS on a worcester 28i combi, on the web site it only shows the Junior version which is a different layout to the normal 28i, just to let you know, it actually stopped working this morning whilst the heating was on, the rads had cooled , which I thought was the room stat working and then we found we had no hot water for washing up !
Where is the first point of testing, also where are the fuses are they behind the inside electrical panel?

if you remove the front white cover, and the two screws holding the grey control panel so it hinges down.

round white plastic thing to the right with some rubber tubes coming off it.
from memory its a white/clear one which goes into the combustion chamber, remove this from the APS and blow through. reattach and test.

this is what i would say if you were a competent engineer anyway

From the round white plastic thing, there is a white tube and an orange one, the white one goes up to the Flue Gas sampling point and is also 'T-eed' off to the negative on the Combustion fan, the orange one goes stright to the positive on the Combustion fan, is it the white one I need to blow through ? I appreciate your assisstance with this

try the white one. remove it from the aps.
then it should enter up into the combustion chamber on right hand side. blow through this, most common place from blockage.

if it doesnt work, i think probably best to contact an engineer.
TBH it could be a number of things. just letting you know how ive manged to repair a few in the past

if you remove the front white cover, and the two screws holding the grey control panel so it hinges down.

round white plastic thing to the right with some rubber tubes coming off it.
from memory its a white/clear one which goes into the combustion chamber, remove this from the APS and blow through. reattach and test.

this is what i would say if you were a competent engineer anyway
I don't know if you're still around Rob but I was just able to fix my parents boiler using your advice. British Gas would have left them without heat and hot water for three days!

Thank you so much :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back