Worcester 28i junior Combi. Pressure problem Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi The pressure dropped enough for the boiler to not fire up. So I tried to put some more water in system using filling loop but with the filling loop open wide the pressure still will not increase. So I checked that there was no air in any of the radiators stopping more water going in (they are all full and water comes out and no air) I then checked that the water at the filling loop was getting to the Central Heating Return Pipe (by slackening off a compression fitting and to see if water was reaching the C/H return pipe and it is) So the water is getting to the C/H Return pipe but no more will go in to increase the boiler pressure. Any help will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
A picture would help showing your filling lip and which nut you slackened to check

Hi Thanks muggles for the quick reply.Solved the problem today .The pressure had dropped to 1/2 a bar and the pressure gauge had Stuck at 1/2 bar, so the water was topping up the pressure but was not registering on the gauge.went and bought a new Pressure Guage.All OK now.
Happy Days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back