Trying to fix low pressure problem with boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to top up the pressure on my Vaillant combiboiler (Ecotec Pro 28).

I've watched a few videos and I think I know which pipes to connect with the filling loop, but I'm not sure. I tried and the pressure didn't rise, although I don't think I heard water flowing like in the videos.

The pipe which the water comes out of when I turn the tap is labelled as "C H flow" with an "out" arrow, and the water smells and is hot. Is this the right pipe?

I connected it to the "cold water mains / cylinder return" which has an arrow pointing in.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
You are doing something wrong ,hot water shouldn't be coming out when using a filling loop. Post pics of what you are trying.And below the boiler.

You are doing something wrong ,hot water shouldn't be coming out when using a filling loop. Post pics of what you are trying.And below the boiler.

Here are the pipes

1.JPG 2.JPG IMG_2799.JPG

the one on the far left is where the water came from, and I had it going into the 4th one along.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
This is what I was trying

Attachments

• IMG_2796.JPG
    IMG_2796.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 156
Sponsored Links
Yes that connection is correct. Does the valve on the 4th pipe ( cold mains) have a lever like the one on the left ? Both valves need to be open for water to flow into the boiler. I can't see the one on the right very well in pic.

Yes that connection is correct. Does the valve on the 4th pipe ( cold mains) have a lever like the one on the left ? Both valves need to be open for water to flow into the boiler. I can't see the one on the right very well in pic.
It doesn't have a lever. Here are some better pics of it:

Attachments

• IMG_2801.JPG
    IMG_2801.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 163
Looks like the lever has broken off. Its the black plastic bit on the top ,with a screw ( cross head type) in the centre. If you have a set of grips to turn it 1/4 turn it should open the valve and water should flow. Connect the braided hose both ends first !

Looks like the lever has broken off. Its the black plastic bit on the top ,with a screw ( cross head type) in the centre. If you have a set of grips to turn it 1/4 turn it should open the valve and water should flow. Connect the braided hose both ends first !
Ah yeah, turned that one and it worked. Brilliant! Thanks so much for the help Terry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back